Sunday Morning Worship will resume first at Grace. All Sunday Schools will livestream at 9 a.m. There will be no childcare or programs offered, and families will sit together. Service will begin at 10:15 and be held to 1 hour. It will be livestreamed as usual for those who stay home.
To keep you safe:
- We will meet according to strict social distancing (6 feet in all directions between each household unit).
- Hand sanitizer stations will be strategically positioned.
- Doors will be propped open and greeters will keep social distance.
- We are disinfecting bathrooms and all high-touch services. Drinking fountains will be closed and water bottles will be provided. There will be no access to coffee stations.
- We will not hand anything out or have you pick up a hymnal.
We are asking you:
- We encourage you to wear your own mask or face covering. We will provide masks if you forget yours.
- We are asking elderly individuals and those with serious underlying health conditions to continue to worship by livestream.
- You must not come if you feel ill.
- Before you come, please check your temperature. You should not come if you have a temperature of 100.4° or higher.
- Talk to your children and remind them that church will be a bit different and that they should avoid physical contact with others.
- Please help us plan by sending an RSVP (first Sunday only).
Phase 2 and 2.5
Wednesday Life Groups and Discipleship meetings will resume in person with virtual connections still available. This includes the Youth Group, College and Career, and Ladies’ Bible Study. Details for meetings will be communicated to group members.
As we continue to follow the pacing of our state, Phase 2.5 will be implemented beginning Sunday, June 14.
- Elderly are encouraged to come back and worship in person again as you feel comfortable.
- The Family Room will be designated a "masks only" space with no singing.
- Childcare will be available during Sunday morning service for children who are walking through Kindergarten age, grouped in family units.
- Sunday evening service continue to be livestreamed. Life App (teens) will meet off-site with Zoom available.
- Wednesday's Adult Prayer Meeting will resume on site and continue to be livestreamed. Bible Studies (from youth group and up) will continue with the option of meeting on site or through Zoom.
- Discipleship groups are also welcome to meet in the Fellowship Hall to study on Wednesday night.
Children's meetings are being reintroduced in phases.
- Starting in July, Junior Church following social distancing protocols will be available for children who have finished 1st-5th grade.
- Grace Kids Club for elementary ages resumes in-person on Wednessday, August 5.
- Sunday School classes will continue virtually.
Outdoor seating is available under a tent with video screens showing the worship service live as in all other overflow areas. Those worshipping inside will need to wear face masks unless under the age of 10 or health difficulty prohibits wearing one.
As local guidelines are amended, future phases will be implemented in consultation with the Lake County General Health District. For more details, view this pdf.