The backbone to any society is the home. God has designed the home along with the local church to be the spiritual influence in the community. Without the strength of these two God-given units, our culture would spiritually wander. So the spiritual development of young homes is a high priority at Grace Church.
- To provide a time and place where prayer, ideas, and plans can be made to reach those neighbors and friends in our community who don't know Jesus as their Lord and Savior.
- To personalize any and every opportunity to encourage each couple to grow to be more like Christ.
- To offer the opportunity for couples who do know Jesus as their Savior to meet to study the Word of God together in an environment that seeks to make specific and relevant application to this important time in life.
- To coordinate a network for fellowship, service, and care for one another.
- To emphasize the importance of progressing in faithfulness and service to Jesus our Savior within our local church, Grace Church of Mentor.
We meet each Sunday morning at 9:00 a.m. for a time of Bible study and fellowship. The format is a question and answer study through a specific passage of the Bible. The goal of the study is to produce a good foundation of Bible knowledge with specific application to our personal lives as we seek God's interests and desires in the face of the challenges for the home in the 21st century.
God has so wondrously put the body together in a way that requires a Biblical interdependence. The goal of that interdependence is to have the same care for one another (1 Corinthians 12). The habit of the early church was to spend much time in fellowship (Acts 2). Hebrews 10 reminds that this fellowship is critical if we are going to make it spiritually. The HomeBuilders class provides a network for fellowship, service and care for one another. Along with our normal church calendar events, there are well-thought-out and timely fellowship opportunities for this very busy group to enjoy. Sensitive to the nature of this season of life, we provide occasional child care so mom and dad can enjoy a night out together with others.
Have you ever wondered how you could possibly reach that next door neighbor with the message of the gospel? Come to our HomeBuilders class and let's talk about it. We've set aside one Sunday a month to pray for our friends and neighbors who don't know Jesus as their Savior. In addition, there will be helpful training from the Word of God on how we can go about reaching these dear friends. Plans and events will be discussed that will help us effectively reach our neighbors and friends for Christ.
Annual opportunities are planned for couples to gather over a weekend to study God's Word and enjoy Christian friendship.