Grace Soccer Camp is ideal for exposing young children to soccer or honing the skills of kids who have already played some organized soccer. The day’s training will relate to a simple truth about God and His ultimate goal for us—to know His love and live securely in that love now and forever.
Get a free t-shirt when you pre-register and pay online before June 1. Space is limited, so register now to guarantee your spot.
What to Expect
- Training and practice in age-appropriate soccer skills.
- Soccer scrimmages on Friday.
- Daily Bible lessons about family, friends, and on-field challenges.
- Get to know local experienced soccer coaches and players.
- Make new friends with other kids at camp!
What to Bring
- Soccer cleats and/or tennis shoes
- Shin guards
- Sunscreen (optional)
What We Provide
- Soccer balls
- Fresh fruit snack
- Water & Gatorade
- 8:45 a.m.
- Drop off at Grace Church of Mentor
- 9 a.m.
- Fitness and Fuel: Exercise & Nutrition Tips
- Video Skills Training
- Bible Lesson
- 9:30 a.m.
- Snack & Stretch
- 9:45 a.m.
- Leave for Lost Nation Sports Park
- 10 a.m.
- On-Field Skills and Stations at Lost Nation Sports Park
- 11:45 a.m.
- Pack up and return to Grace Church of Mentor
- 12 p.m.
- Pick up at Grace Church of Mentor
Special Friday Schedule
On Friday, scrimmages begin at 11 a.m. You are welcome to come and watch! We will return to Grace Church at 12 p.m. for a free hot dog lunch for participants and their families. Each camper will leave with a free mini soccer ball and a checklist with a general skills assessment.
Soccer Camp Director
Mike is supported by a large staff of seasoned high school coaches and current and past high school and college soccer players. Mike played college soccer and coached a local varsity high school team for 8 years. Mike worked local day camps for 14 years as a counselor and head counselor for the city.
Steve Sivik was a member of the Mentor High School 1994 soccer state championship team. He has coached here in Lake County for the past 15 years on almost every age level. In the past two years as a high school assistant coach and head coach his teams reached elite level tournament victories.
Thomas Ginsburg was a part of Mentor soccer since his youth playing both rec and travel teams. He played under Ali Kazemaini for two years, lettered in high school four years, and played interscholastically and intramurally in college. He has also coached middle and high school levels.
Barb Seitz has been a physical education teacher in Mentor and presently coaches track and cross country for a local high school team. She is often seen running the roads of Mentor.
Grace Soccer Camp
July 5–8 • Only $10 • Ages 6–12