Sermon Audio & Review
Pastor Tim Potter
- Category: Not Ashamed (Romans)
- November 5, 2017
The Impenetrable Love of God.
We continue to study the hymn of security and assurance in Romans 8:31-39.
Paul asks a second question in verse 32: "He who did not spare His own Son, but delivered Him over for us all, how will He not also with Him freely give us all things?" John 3:16 tells us that God gave us His unique Son. God gave us all that He had and all that He is (Matthew 1:23, Isaiah 53:3-10). All the actions of God in this verse are based in grace.
Ephesians 1:3-8 tells us that we have already been given everything heavenly in Christ. There are no promises that God has not fulfilled to those who believe in Him. 2 Peter 1:3 reminds us that God has given us everything we need to be righteous positionally and practically. He gives us comfort in all degrees of affliction (2 Corinthians 1:3-5).
If you have yet to place your trust in Christ, know that God has already given up His Son for you! He died for your sin even though you don't deserve it. If you turn from your sin and place your faith in Him, you will never perish but have eternal life (John 3:16).
- Whatever your degree of affliction, God has promised comfort to you. He comforts us by Himself and through others. Look around for those believers who can share the comfort that God has given them with you.
Tools for Further Study
Cross References to Explore
- 1 Peter 1:3-5 – Another similar doxology.
- Hebrews 13:5 – God's promise of His presence.
- Psalm 37:25, 1 Timothy 6:6 – God's promise to provide our needs.